The Fort Bend Chamber of Commerce is pleased to present the tenth annual State of the City Sugar Land Address focusing on the City’s 2017 accomplishments. The program will be held Monday, February 12, 2018 at the Sugar Land Marriott Hotel and Conference Center, located at 16090 City Walk at the corner of U.S. Highway 59 and State Highway 6.
Lunch will be served at 11:30 AM, followed by a dynamic presentation from Mayor Joe Zimmerman of 2017 Sugar Land accomplishments and goals for 2018. Some of these include the following:
- Completion of the Annexation of the Greatwood and New Territory communities into the City of Sugar Land
- The City’s response and recovery efforts related to Hurricane Harvey
- Sugar Land’s recently reaffirmed “AAA” bond rating, a reflection of the city’s strong financial resiliency
- Grand Opening of the Smart Financial Centre at Sugar Land and adjacent plaza
- Brazos River Park and Festival Site Grand Openings Acquisition of the Central Unit prison site
- Continued work to update the City’s future Land Use Plan, a document that guides development within the City